Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Christian Dior Spring 2010 Culture, Paris




I confess that when it comes to Mr. John Galliano, I cannot be objective. I admire his vision, his audacity, his marvellous capacity of being absorbed and being able to absorb his creations in a dreamy dimension. Mr. Galliano is able to make art triumph in a business as competitive as fashion, and still sell his clothes for the price such a talent deserves. Of course, I have no such money, but that is not an obstacle to admire his designs. That is one of the major qualities of John Galliano, the mastery of his designs do not lay sole on its details (even though they are often flawless), but on the whole presentation of his pompous, luxurious, romantic and baroque imagination. That being said, I cannot say a bad word about his new collection. I loved the waist of every single outfit. The way he accentuated the hips is wonderful, and the hats... Uh, the hats... I wish I could go some place people would only wear John Galliano's clothes, inclusive me. But maybe the charm of his style is that it belongs to this secret world of dreams, and only he has the key.

Details

The vest worn by Maryna Linchuk is marvellous, and it is a shame I couldn't find a closeup of this piece available to link. The shoes are also flawless.


No comments:

Post a Comment