Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Previous comments on the comments of most recent fashion shows


First, I don't know every single term used in the fashion business. I don't know the names of the fabric, the particular name of a structure that is not straight, curvy or whatsoever. My observation are nothing more than an amateur's appreciation, and I would like to keep it that way. Reason: I loved to write until I went to English school. Now I certainly know a lot more about Literature, but love much less to write, and do it less and less frequently.
Second, I avoid reading criticism about fashion, even though I sometimes read it (however, only after seeing the show). I'm favour of just looking at the clothes. Sometimes it is nice to see what the designer has to say. They usually say pretty good stuff. On the contrary of what many people think, fashion designers are not shallow. Of course some of them might be, but that is the case in any businness you may find yourself in.
However, it is really nice to read the comments of people that do like to share their tastes and opinions with others like themselves. I do watch Project Runway, and love it! And I really like Nina and Michael's comments. They are important to any path you chose to work with. Believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment