Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Givenchy Spring 2010 Couture


I adore ruffles and flowers, and now with the mix of the two, clothes are becoming more and more lighter, flowy and romantic. I liked the construction of the pink dress worn by Kamila Filipcikova. It is nice, but there is something odd about it. The neck part is really pretty, but the ruffles meeting down the crotch are not really flattering. There is also a charm in the lamphead hats. I like intriguing hats. This one is big and with an air of mystery, and the lace is the essential touch. The lace also fits well the pants worn by Anabela Belikova, that presented with a high waisted vest gave a retro-modern glamorous quality to the look. The clothes worn by Chanel Iman seem beautiful, but they do not seem to fit well the model. I would chose someone with larger hips. But that is just me. Overall, not a very impressive show. I think it's normal to expect more from couture runway shows. But the makeup was really powerful and the last dress, very interesting. The embroidered top was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment