Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Elie Saab Spring 2010 Couture, Paris


Okay, this is happening! Elie Saab and his new couture collection! I'm sorry if I cannot contain my emotions! First of all, I love Elie Saab's sparkles, sparkles, sparkles! His runways' decoration are always among the best. The best show he ever did was 2008's couture, and I think it is quite hard not to compare every other show with that. Difficult to top such a perfect collection.
In the newest collection there is not much innovation. But that is not a problem for Mr. Saab. He works pretty well with the common places. Are you tired to see drapery? You can be sure there is no draping like Saab's. When it comes to embelishments and curves, he is the man you should look for. His designs' details are not only perfectly made, but they are incredibly and richly ornamented. The softness of his looks combined with an apparently effortless glamorous air are one of his best characteristics. You can imagine any woman looking good on his designs.
It was difficult to choose which dress to put in this post. I love the flowy dresses, and I love the fact that Mr. Saab showed a lot of legs. The gowns are stunning, but I did not find one that had all the characteristics I think were necessary to illustrate his collection. The one I chose is not the most beautiful in my opinion, but it is the one that stood out in the pictures, and since it is the only possible media we have, that is what we will get from now...

No comments:

Post a Comment